Thursday, January 7, 2010

UNDER ARMOUR ROCKS!

I'm on day 7 of my New Years Promise for January and things are going well. I was a bit of a slacker today. Sean had to leave really early and I knew that when I ignored my alarm this morning and said to myself, "Nah, I'm not getting up now, I'll take her later when he gets home." Knowing full well that he works ridiculously long hours and it would be dark and late when he got home. So when he pulled in at 6:45 I was getting the kids out of the bath. I threw on the first pair of shoes I found and walked her for about 10 minutes on the "new road." We live in an older neighborhood and they just built a whole new neighborhood (well it's actually only one road with 26 houses on it) next to ours. The new road comes out right next to my neighbors so It's a real quick walk. But hey, I still did it!

Yesterday (Day 6) was a big day for Saddie. I got up at 5:15 and was out the door with her by 5:23 (Sean was leaving at 6:15 so the clock was ticking). We walked our whole neighborhood and were back by the time Sean had to leave. It was 23 degrees when I left the house but colder with the windchill. I had gone to Modells on Sunday to get some better outerwear for my new resolution, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and I bought an under armour outer shirt, a pair of nike pants and an under armour hat.

Now under armour stuff is pricey, (in my opinion - but I only shop at Target and Kmart for clothes these days) but I'll admit after these small purchases it's worth every penny. Yesterday morning I had on 1 under armour shirt, a fleece over that, another under armour shirt over that, my nike pants and my under armour hat and the only part of my body that was cold was my face when I got home. That stuff ROCKS!!! I'm totally sold! LOVE IT!

So now with my warm clothes I don't care if it stays 20 something degrees for the whole winter... well maybe that's not entirely true!

No comments:

Post a Comment