Sunday, January 24, 2010

A sad moment

Today I went to the store with Clare. We were having a grand ole time. Shopping in Kmart for laundry detergent, tissues and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. At one point she asked me if she could look at the dora lollipops. So we went over and checked them out. When I pulled the cart away she lost it, yelling at me to go back. When I said I wouldn't go back we weren't buying one today and I wanted to finish shopping, she folded her arms across her chest and turned her head, pouting "FINE". As I laughed she did it again. It soon became a game and we laughed and laughed through the aisles. Good thing she's so sweet and nothing like her Mama! YIKES!

We had to pick up a few things for Aidan's birthday party. I went to the party supply aisle to look around and saw the number candles. Oh, I thought, I should get the #4 now so I don't forget. Suddenly I was overcome with emotion... How can I be buying a #4 candle for my Aidan?! I really almost cried in the aisle as I pulled the candle off the shelf. So SAD! My baby boy is really growing up! : (

No comments:

Post a Comment