Friday, January 8, 2010

Sparkly Silence

Day 8: January Promise

I woke up at 1:00 am to get into Aidan's bed because he and Sean were SNORING in ours. So I played my usuual game of musical beds again last night. As I climbed into his bed, which I LOVE cause it's a twin and pretty much only Clare and I can sleep together comfortably in it, I looked out the window and saw the snow falling. I immediatly felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I LOVE SNOW! Whether it's a dusting of 2 feet, I LOVE IT! I'm one of those people who is fortunate enough to be able to "smell the snow" before it comes. I truly believe snow is one of Mother Nature's greatest gifts.

When my alarm went off at 5:15 I was almost giddy with the thought of how excited Saddie would be when she found our little surprise outside the door. I suited up, leashed Saddie and we headed out. Just as I suspected, Saddie was elated! As we walked through the neighborhood I noticed that this snow was one of those sparkly snows that even the faintest bit of light sent little flecks of glitter across the snow.

There is something about the peaceful silence that snow creates over the earth it covers. It makes you forget all the icky stuff, you even forget the cold. For a brief period of time it makes me feel like all really is GOOD in the world. It's one of the most comforting, beautiful feelings I've ever experienced. There was no one out this morning.... we didn't even pass a single car. It was just Saddie and I, making our way through the peaceful, sparkly silence of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment