Saturday, January 2, 2010

Obama came for Christmas


OBAMA!!! Yeah! We are a house full of proud Obama supporters! We are thrilled that he's our new prez!

Let me back up a bit.... Aidan (my almost 4 year old son) is a big time TV lover! Around the time of the inauguration Sean and I were watching CNN one morning and he comes walking past the tv and says "Oh that's Barrack Obama." Sean and I (totally surprised) say "Do you know what he does?" To that Aidan replies, "He's the president. He likes to go for walks on the beach and read bedtime stories and make chili." We laugh (still puzzled) and say, "Where did you learn that?" He says, "Oh, he's on my tv." A couple of days later I see this little cartoon piece on the Noggin channel all about Obama. TOO FUNNY!

Sean works as a video-cameraman and was in DC working at the time of the inauguration. He picked up some t-shirts for him and I. They are kelly green and say, "O'BAMA!" So on the actual inauguration day I put them on the kids and took a picture. I thought it was an appropriate way to mark the day for them.

SOOOO this year for Christmas Sean received a cardboard life size OBAMA from Wade (our bro in-law). We had loads of fun with him at my mom and dad's house at Christmas...he had a lot of hiding places that scared the crap out of all of us. He was in the picture of all our friends at our New Years Party. Currently he's standing in the corner of my kitchen still wearing his party hat!

It's awesome having him as a house guest. I only hope to meet the real deal some day.

*Side note: Sean worked on the Oprah Christmas at the White House special and got to meet the lovely Mrs. Obama and Oprah but has yet to meet Mr. President. Someday soon I'm sure he will. So jealous!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Not a big Obama fan at all. Leave the cardboard cut out at home when you come to visit. LOL!

    ReplyDelete