Sunday, January 10, 2010

Homecoming

As I mentioned in an earlier post I took a class on Saturday. The kids and Sean were together all day. They went to Ian's (our nephew) wrestling match and then out to lunch with Uncle Pat and Aunt Mary and Sean.

Before I left the house Saturday morning Aidan was the only one awake. I got him all set up in the playroom before I left. TV on, hot chocolate with marshmallows and blankie. When I grabbed my purse and keys he said to me, "Where are you going, Mommy?" I said, "I'm going to work today, not at school but I have to take a class." Aidan replied, "What kind of class?" I said, "A boring one." Aidan asked, "When will you be home?" "I'll be home at dinner time." I replied. "Oh like Daddy" he said. "Yes, like Daddy." I replied and gave him a hug and kiss, then headed out the door.

After a long day of sitting in class, I picked up some dinner and got home around 6pm. When I pulled in the driveway I could see Aidan bouncing around in the playroom and Clare came walking in dragging her blankie and slugging her apple juice. To that I smiled as I walked up to the house. When I opened the door, Saddie immediately came running to my feet barking, Sean smiled and said hello and Aidan and Clare came running in. "MOMMY, MOMMY, Mommy's HOME" Aidan yelled and Clare said, "Oh oh, yeah Mommy, you're home!" As if they haven't seen me in several days not several hours. It's such a great feeling.

I am pretty much always with them so I don't get to arrive home alone often, but everytime I am away from them, for an hour to go shopping or during the day at school or for the night I always get that same wonderful homecoming! How sweet it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment