Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Clubhouse Birthday

My baby boy turns 4 on January 31st! Like every mother I keep saying, "How can this be? Where did the time go?" My little Aidan with the crazy, spiky black hair and the sweet soft skin, who used to be so small I could sit Indian style and cradle him there to rock him to sleep. NOW he's so tall he comes up to my chest, he's in a size 12 1/2 shoe, and I can't even shop in the "T" section for him anymore. He grows like a weed, almost every week it seems. He's got a little bowl haircut and the sweetest blue eyes. He still asks me to sit with him and lay with him and pick him up.

My Mom reminded me when I was home for Christmas that my Dad's Uncle Tom used to say if you pick up your baby everyday of their life they are never to big for you to hold. Now there was a generation of people who held great wisdom on family matters! Priceless!

So now my baby boy is going to be 4 and he wants to have a birthday party with all his friends at our house. A bit nerve racking for me because all of his friends are in the same daycare as him and I work at the daycare. So it's kind of like having your clients over for dinner but dinner is a kid birthday party not a nice sit down.

Aidan has been talking about the party theme since last summer. A clubhouse birthday - like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but without Mickey Mouse with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- of course. So we are slowly getting to the bottom of what Aidan pictures this party to be like. We're going to construct a tent in the living room and pack it full of all his TMNT stuff so they can all play with his "guys". He wants to do bowling, put the shell on the turtle (a la pin the tail on the donkey style), and a pinata. We'll have pizza for lunch cause that's the Ninja Turtles favorite food.

As for the cake, well last year for his 3rd birthday I made a small sheet cake and put Raph's gym on top of the cake. It was a TMNT mini toy that looked like a gym with Raphael and a bad guy. So with that in mind, this year he wants a cake with "chocolate icing and all the Ninja Turtles, Shredder, the Foot Soldiers, and all the bad guys and the behicles." Whoa now that's gonna be a BIG cake! Lucky for him he's super adorable and still has the sweetest cheeks (that I love to bite) AND he LOVES his Mama! So I'm going to do my best to make this yummy cake and make his first friend birthday party a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment