Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mr. Literal strikes again

Dinner was leftovers tonight. We had a bunch of stuff in the fridge that I wanted to get rid of before it got yucky so we had a little bit of a lot of different things for dinner.

Clare picked meatballs and leftover pizza. Aidan picked meatballs and General Tso's chicken and rice. I had a piece of lemon pepper fish, tomato and broccoli salad and a pita. Sean had the rest of the shrimp parm and spaghetti. All in all not a bad spread as leftovers go.

So, as I'm convincing Aidan that the chicken and rice that I mixed together actually is plain rice with chicken, I tell him, "You need to finish everything on your plate or you don't get an ice pop for dessert." To which Mr. Literal responds, "It's not a plate it's a bowl."

I turn back on one heel, chuckle and add, "Well you've got me there. So you need to finish everything in your bowl, or no dessert!"

1 comment:

  1. I love me some leftover night. We had the "soup/sammie/salad" dinner tonight after Ed's frozen baked ziti dish was still a block of ice at dinner time after 45 minutes in the oven. Plan B anyone? And we can't even eat it tomorrow b/c it had meat sauce in it...Friday...Lent....you know the drill.

    ReplyDelete