Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The "Good" Smell

Last week I got an email, one of those chain kind of getting to know you things. This one was my type though, short and sweet. You had to answer 5 questions with four answers. For example, four things you watch on tv.

Now I'm a pretty decisive person on the spot, but if I really start to think about something I realize I may have answered a different way, given more time. One of the "questions" really intrigued me, name 4 of your favorite smells.

Well, I answered sawdust, my kids when they are sleeping, fresh cut grass and white musk for the following reasons:

1.sawdust: reminds me of my dad
2.my kids sleeping: something about their breath and blankies combined that I love
3.cut grass: reminds me of being a kid
4.white musk: reminds me of my mom

I then got back a couple of peoples responses and when I read them thought, "Oh yeah, that's a good one too!"

Like these:

the earth after it rains in the summer (Kerry)

the "good" smell - a fireplace in the winter or fall (Maureen)

chlorine (Lisa)

Then I was lying in bed that morning at 4:30 not able to fall back asleep and thought of some more and then talked to Maun that morning and came up with this list:



a new box of crayons
playdough
a brand new baby
Sean's pillow
my nursery school
crocuses
tulips
coppertone sunscreen- not the coconut one
chlorine
a new car
when it's about to snow
a car heating up in the winter
pampers newborn diapers
Aunt Claire and Uncle Matt's house
the Maskiells house
the attic at Bennett Place in the summer
boat engine fumes
salt water
carvel
onions and olive oil sauteing in a pan
Christmas trees
wet leaves
honeysuckle in bloom
pizza boxes
plain chapstick
shalimar perfume
bbq chicken on the grill
kids paints
sausage & peppers

Sooooo... what are your favorite smells?????

1 comment:

  1. popcorn in the microwave (as long as it hasn't BURNED!)
    cinnabun (even though I don't really like to eat them but the SMELLLLLL)
    a freshly cut orange
    the "home sweet home" candle from Yankee (c'mas in a jar)
    isabelle after she's come in from playing outside
    lilacs
    sharpie markers (i know, bizarre but true)
    brackish air off the chesapeake bay when the breezes are light
    johnson's baby lotion
    freshly ground coffee
    toast
    the dryer vent (outside)

    ReplyDelete