Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A true MOM-ent

When I was a little girl I can remember whenever I'd have an itch my Mom would scratch it... I mean literally! I can still remember how her nails felt on my back. She would always ask after a little bit if that was "good" and I know I always said a little more. Just because it felt so great!

I used to bite my fingernails for YEARS! And shortly before I (finally) got prego with Aidan I stopped. When I was pregnant with both kids the prenatal vitamins worked wonders. I used to have to cut my nails every other week cause they grew so long.

I still have kind of long nails but not like my moms. She has these long pretty nails that always seemed to be the perfect shape. Mine are kind of stubby (like my fingers themselves) and more square than hers. But I guess they get the trick done. My little Aidan loves when I scratch his back. I just went up to tuck him in again and he rolled over and said in his sleep that he had an itch. I said, "Do you want me to scratch it?" He sleepily replied, "Yeah." Then he rolled over and went back to sleep.

YES!!!! Another Mom-ent! (Love you Mama! thanks for all the back scratches!)

1 comment:

  1. How cool. MY sweet Elle will never know the feeling of a back scratch from her mama, since I still bite my nails which means my fingers are still little nubs.

    ReplyDelete