Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowpocalypse

Well, well, well... it's SNOWING! The first flakes we saw were in Huntingtown at 10:00am yesterday. Right now it's 3:03 and we've got about 2 feet and it's not supposed to stop until 10:00 tonight. WHOA!!!

Last night we went over to the Cook's house for a pizza/blizzard kick-off party. Tons of fun. The kids ran around like maniacs and the adults enjoyed the snow and beer!

We woke up at 7:00 this morning. I went to the back door and put on some boots to go out and shovel a path for Saddie. I did, but she would not go pee! I finally decided to put her leash on and basically pull her through the foot and a half of snow to the plowed road to get her biz done. Once we got out there and walked down the road a little, I noticed that my neighbors carport collapsed on all 3 of their vehicles. YIKES!!!! There are several large tree limbs down on my other neighbors property. Our pool cover is full of snow, let's hope it doesn't collapse in. We have a 3 foot high fence around the pool and there's a little less than a foot still visible.

I started shovelling the driveway and then Sean finished... he did most of it! Then we ate a yummo breakfast and he headed down to our friends Mark and Ann's house. Mark is out of town working at the superbowl and Ann and her doggies are home alone. Is he a great guy/friend or what?! Thank God we bought the pathfinder last weekend with 4 wheel drive! We've already used it 3 times since then!

When Sean left I got the kids in the bath. To make it more fun and snow dayish we put blue and green food coloring in the water, tons of bubble bath and I blew bubbles at them. It was great, they soaked the bathroom, spatted all the bubbles, and were slipping and sliding when the water drained out. Everyone got dressed and watched some tv.

Sean called me from his adventure to report that Ann was okay and that he and Joe found a bar open... only those 2 would find an open bar in a blizzard! So now I've got a yummy ruben sandwich heating up in the oven to chow down on after I post this. YUMMO YUMMO!!!!

Needless to say, we Healey's are prepared (for once in our lives) and LOVIN this Blizzard of 2010! It's awesome! I mean come on, this stuff doesn't happen everyday. People need to stop panicking and just enjoy this beautiful, enormous snow storm! It'll melt at some point before Clare turns 3 - on July 11th! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment