Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let the fresh veggies begin..

This year Toni and I joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Farm. We bought a share together and each week we go and pick up the veggies. Today was the first pick up day. The kids and I went after work. On the way there, Aidan asked me if it was the same farm where we went down the sand road and met the "really nice lady" and I picked out veggies. We joined 2 years ago for the fall harvest and he still remembers when we picked up then!

Today we got romaine, mixed Asian greens, pac choy, arugula and radishes. Tonight we sauteed the mixed Asian greens in teriyaki, garlic and olive oil and ate it with a yummy teriyaki steak! Delicious. The only rule (for Sean) to joining the farm is that we have to use all the veggies each week. So I guess we'll be trying out some new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment