Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daily Routines

It's taken some time now but we are finally in a pretty good routine in the mornings. I wake up early (and God willing- exercise) and the kids wake up around 6:30-7:00. Pretty much as soon as they wake up, I get them dressed for the day. Then I get in the shower and get myself ready then pack my lunch, drinks and snacks for them in the car. They just kind of hang out in the morning. Get their drinks/snacks on their own and hang out watching tv and playing with their toys. About 20 minutes before we leave I warn them, "We're brushing teeth and getting shoes on in 5 minutes."

Usually, this is a source of contention so I have to follow up the 5 minute warning with a 3, then 2 minute warning. So this morning I make the announcement, and I hear Aidan from the playroom call out, "YEAH, YEAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!" As I chuckle to Sean walking past him I grab the empty plastic strawberry container and smack Aidan on the head with it as I walk out to the recycle bin, and say, "YEAH, YEAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH YOURSELF!"

That Little PUNK! It looks like my works cut out for me with not only Clare but Aidan too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment