Thursday, April 22, 2010

The King and Queen

Last night Sean and I sat down in the kids playroom with them and both kids climbed on my lap. "Tell us a story Mommy!" Aidan says. (Now for over a year I've been "telling stories" about super heroes and princesses in the car) "Okay, I'll tell you a story about a King and Queen." I respond. Aidan says, "And I'm the Knight!" and Clare says, "And I'm the princess."

Here is the story:

Once upon a time there was a beautiful, wonderful Queen named Erin. One day she was walking through the forest and when she came upon an opening there stood a handsome King Sean waiting there. Aidan intervenes, "And the king had a wot of BEER." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So Queen Erin and King Sean (who had a wot of beer) fell in love. In their kingdom there was a Knight named Aidan and a Princess named Clare. Princess Clare decided one day that she wanted to become a mermaid so King Sean waved his magic wand and made her a giant pool to swim around in. Aidan says, "And they need a beach." So Queen Erin waved her magic wand and made a beach at the poolside. So the King and Queen looked at their new pool and beach and decided to have a beach party. They summoned Sir Aidan to gather all the knights in the kingdom to get all the beer in the kingdom for the party. And they had a beach party!
~The End~

So today the kids classes went down the dirt road/trial behind the center to clean up trash for Earth Day! Now we've taught them to recycle and turn off lights when they aren't in the room but this was a big group effort so I thought it was a super cool lesson! Aidan comes back and tells me that he did most of the clean up. When I ask what he cleaned up, he says, "a wot of beer bottles and a beer box". Jokingly, I say, "How do you know what beer boxes and bottles look like?" He quickly responds, "Cause we have them at home!" DUH Mom!!!!

Well at least they know who their parents are!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment