Saturday, April 14, 2012

Irish Dance

This week Clare had her first Irish Dance class. She was in HEAVEN! She kept looking over at me during the practice smiling and waving as she skipped around the floor. It's a small school that meets once a week for the next 10 weeks. Perfect timing. We'll get in a quick starter course before #3 arrives and then start up for good in the Fall. (That way she'll be able to do some small competitions by next St. Paddys day.)

Oh yes, in the Fall when she starts kindergarten and wants to play soccer, Aidan wants to play soccer too and possibly football, and #3 will be about 3-4 months old bopping around in a stroller, bottle shoved in his/her mouth at any given field in Edgewater. But hey, I'm partially insane already, right!? I've seen lots of Moms do this. They have cars full of half eaten bowls of mac n' cheese, semi-dirty sport uniforms, random pairs of cleats and pads, half eaten apple cores, bags of snacks, and baby toys. I can do it. I'm up for the challenge, and honestly, I LOVE IT.

Things have been pretty easy thus far in the sport schedule world. Last Spring, Lacrosse was Monday and Wednesday and Dance was Saturday. In the Fall, they both played soccer at the same field at pretty much the same time. But, I should have known my luck would run out! I just found out next week we have our first scheduling conflict. Aidan plays Lax on Monday and Wednesday again this Spring and Clare dances on Thursdays, well Aidan has pictures for lacrosse this Thursday in one place and Clare has dance 15 minutes away at the same time! AH!!! Because of Sean's crazy schedule I can't rely on him until the last minute. Don't get me wrong he's willing to share the running around but he doesn't usually know his schedule until the day of. So I have to obsess about how I'll be in 2 places at once until he can confirm. I often would see my sister Kerry running her 4 kids to different places at the same time and think, "How does she do that??" She finally told me the secret, ask for help. So I guess I'm going to have to see if I can leave Aidan with a friend at pictures in order to not abandon Clare at dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment