Sunday, March 25, 2012

A budding Artist


Last Wednesday afternoon Aidan had a note in his take home folder from school stating that his artwork had been chosen (as one of two in his class) to be placed on display at the high school during the art exhibit.

When I read the note I was beaming! My little Aidan who hated to do art as a preschooler now has a piece on display at the art show! His picture was a mixed media depiction of Monet's Waterlilies. Sean and I both dabbled in Art History in College so as you can imagine that made it even more special to us.

In true form, we made a big deal of it. We went to the art show, then out to dinner and then out for dessert. Aidan was so proud that night, especially when we met his art teacher and she was bragging about him to us.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't believe I forgot to ask you about it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete