Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's in your wallet?

Or in my case PURSE! I don't think good ole Capital One would really want to know the answer to that question. Maureen and I gave my Mom a gift card for Christmas because she wanted to buy herself a new purse. She emailed us last night to tell us (brag)she got a new fancy black leather purse. (To which I was jealous!)

I began to take stock in what's really in my purse. First of all I dream of the day that I'll be able to carry a smaller purse, maybe even a pretty semi over priced, designer one at that. But for now I tote around any random ginormous size bag I can get my hands on, sometimes even two.

Inside the bag, well that's a whole other story. The one I'm currently carrying (a green cord messenger bag with my monogram on the bottom corner) has at least 7 crumpled up napkins from the latest "to go" restaurant or coffee shop I've been to with the 2 wee bobbins. It also houses a ziploc bag full of broken and semi used crayons collected from several restaurants, one Hello Kitty and one Zooble, both from Happy Meals. A really pretty, kind of expensive J.Crew bracelet that Sean gave me for Christmas 2 years ago and a fake diamond necklace. An empty gum pack, 2 chocolate ball wrappers from Christmas Eve Mass (bribery for Aidan), a pair of eye glasses I think I'm supposed to wear, sunglasses that I always wear, a pair of Clare's underwear - just in case, 2 granola bars too. I did have a wireless mouse in the there from Sean that I gave to his Dad just the other day. Oh and there's a pouch in it (that matches the purse) that I carry around with my check book, pens, flossers, and 2 tampons - which I won't need or use in the next 7 months or so. There's a strange sand-like substance that gets mixed in with the change in the bottom- not quite sure where it comes from or what it is.

All in all I tote around a whole purse full o' crap on a daily basis. The kicker is it's only going to get more crap added to it come June when #3 arrives. Maybe I'll just start carrying an additional bag for baby. Who knows, I used to squeeze an entire change of clothes for each kid and a pull up in this current bag and zip it in the pocket.

No wonder my back hurts sometimes!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Spring cleaning time! Aidan and Clare can carry their own purse/backpack come April-ish. Happy Birthday to Mommy!

    Baby #3 will get his/her own dedicated 25% of your designer purse (that Sean will buy for you, for your Birthday, Anniversary, or Mothers Day God Damn It!).

    And I think that diapers and wipes and bottle liners and formula packets and T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z that new baby needs can probably be carried by big bro A and big sis C.

    It's time that Aidan and Clare start putting down time that they can use against Healey Baby #3 in the future (I used to carry your dirty diapers around in my backpack for HOURS at the mall!).

    ReplyDelete