Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just call me Coach

Clare has been asking to play soccer since last spring so I signed her up for fall soccer. I registered her online and mailed in the check. All set, just show up for practice in a couple of weeks, right?

WRONG!

First, I get an email from someone asking for volunteers to manage the fields, line them and get the goals out. Nope, not me! No idea how to do that!

Second, I get an email from someone else asking for volunteers to help out at practices. Okay, this is more up my alley, I respond to this one with a yes. I mean I've got to be there anyway, and I'm really not into the sideline small talk. (Been there done that during lax last spring.)

Thirdly, I get another email. This one from the coach of the team, thanking me for volunteering to be her assistant coach. WHAT?!?! Did I really sign up for this? I kindly responded back, "No problem. However, I have not played soccer since I was 5 years old so I won't be much help there. I do, however, work at a childcare center and have a few tricks up my sleeve for getting children to listen in a group setting."

Only problem, I can't get my own kid to listen to me! Hopefully we can both leave our attitudes in the car and put our best foot forward on this one.

*updates to follow*

No comments:

Post a Comment