Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Late Pick Up

As you may have heard, Aidan starts Kindergarten this year. As we creep slowly toward the day, my angst is building. Who will he sit with on the bus? Where will he eat lunch? Will he miss me? Will he know where the bathroom is? All valid "Mom" concerns.

He will attend aftercare at the school 3 days a week and I'll be home early the other 2 so he can come home. Last week we had a little "meet and greet" with the staff of the aftercare program. (Of course, true to form, Aidan has to give me a hard time about going.) As soon as we went inside he made a b-line for the lego table, where they have a mega bin of legos. He played there and chatted with a few of the ladies while I filled out some paperwork and chatted with the other ladies. Everyone was super nice and the room was really great. They get to play in the gym, on the playground and in the aftercare room, which holds a variety of toys, 2 computers, a Wii and a playstation.

We stayed for about a half hour and as we were walking out, the kid (who razzed me not to make him go because he "hates it") says,

"Mom, can I go there everyday and can you pick me up last?"

Really Kid?!

No comments:

Post a Comment