Sunday, May 20, 2012

An ounce of defeat equals a mile of leg room

I am defeated!

For years, I have been able to pride myself on avoiding this very such thing!

As time has gone on and my ever growing belly gets bigger and bigger, I have learned to accept one very real fact...

My beloved Pathfinder is simply NOT practical anymore. Yes, there is a third row seat that folds up and down when necessary. However, I've realized lately that Aidan is actually too big to sit back there all the time and he's going to have to climb over the second row seat to get there once the baby is born. Now if you've seen the size of Aidan lately, you can imagine how many times Clare and #3 will have to take a size 3 foot to the head in order for him to get in said third row. Clare could easily climb over the seat with a little less effort, however, she cannot strap herself in her seat yet, since she's still in a harness. And for obvious reasons, #3 can't go back there either.

Lucky for me, my husband is not only an immediate gratification type personality, he also happens to be obsessed with Minivans! So I've given up and given in! I'm the proud new owner of a Dodge Caravan...with stow and go seating! I have to admit (after only driving it 3 times) I think I might be falling in love. It's very roomy, both the big kids are in the third row seat so if I turn up the radio just so, I can barely hear them. ha ha!





2 comments:

  1. Good for you, girl! I knew it was just a matter of time. I figured it would be after battling the stroller and Aidan's sports equipment all at one time :) I think you'll be so happy in the long run.

    PS: I'm still gonna have to see it to believe it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome, I remember when Sean brought ours home. Let's just say it was not what he was supposed to be coming home with. I quickly fell in love...the stow and go storage is incredible and us shorties can actually almost fully stand up in those babies.

    ReplyDelete