Monday, February 21, 2011

Poked Eye

My sisters, brother and I laugh sometimes as we reminise about the things our parents told us to do when we were little. Like when we'd poke ourself in the eye, our Mom would ask if we wanted a wet paper towel to put on it. Now I'm fairly certain that a wet paper towel has no medical function for a poked eye but it definitly made it feel better. Now as a mother I too offer a wet paper towel when my kids poke themselves in the eye.

Yesterday, Clare poked herself in the eye while we were in the car. As she's freaking out Aidan's telling her, "Clare you have to keep blinking your eyes." He's then demonstrating how to blink your eyes. I guess it worked because by the time we got home she didn't need a wet paper towel after all. Perhaps an alternative method to the wet paper towel is born?!

No comments:

Post a Comment