Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer is Here

This evening after dinner I took the kids with me while I walked around the neighborhood (Yes, you guessed it, with the slight hope that it may help #3 out). Clare rode her bike and Aidan his scooter. When we turned the corner, Aidan saw a friend from school. At the next corner, he ran into 2 more friends from his afterschool program. They both looked completely stunned as they smiled and said, "Hey AIDAN!" The first kid, says to them, "Yeah, he lives in the neighborhood." Clare and I continued down the street, leaving Aidan behind so he could hang out for a little bit. I was very excited for Aidan that he had another friend in the neighborhood.

As we walked around the block it made me a bit nostalgic for my own youth. Thinking back to riding my bike around the neighborhood, the sun getting lower in the sky and the humidity settling in for the night, the smell of charcoal and bbq chicken, the sounds of other kids in the near distance.

It was such a great trip down memory lane, all the while I'm watching my own kids riding through our neighborhood and realizing these will someday be their memories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment