Monday, January 17, 2011

A DC Landmark






This past Saturday, Sean and I went into DC to go on a "mission" trip with his Catechism class. We visited a Franciscan Monastery and the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on the campus of Catholic University. Both places were really cool, full of history and beautiful works of art.

In between the tours we had a bit of time to kill for lunch so we went to Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street in DC just past Howard University. I used to pass there everyday on my way to work when we lived in the city and never ate there. It was so much fun, the people were awesome, as was my first ever chili dog and the fries were yummy too! We sat at the counter and a sign hanging in front of us stated: BILL COSBY AND THE OBAMA FAMILY are the only people who eat free at Ben's Chili Bowl!

The place was everything I hoped it would be and more! I can't wait to bring the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment