Monday, June 28, 2010

Bug Eye

I have a pretty decent memory of many, many good times in my life. I also have a very vivid memory of some physical pains I've experienced in my life as well. I specifically remember the growing pains Maureen and I would get growing up. My knees would ache from the inside out. It still makes me quiver to think about it. I can remember the feeling in my chest of being totally waterlogged most of the summer. And I can remember, like yesterday, how my eyes would BURN from the chlorine in the pool at swim team practice in the beginning of the season. I think my eyes adjusted over time to the burn so I didn't have the burn all summer.

Well, this past weekend we spent about 30 hours in the pool. Aidan and Clare are now both swimming on their own which is so much fun to see. They are so brave and determined! We are so proud of them. By Saturday evening at 7:00, Aidan's eyes started to burn that all too familiar burn. He was in so much pain and I could feel the pain with him through my memory. We used to put milk in our eyes to stop the burn. We tried that, with Sean holding him down and me dropping the milk in. (He does weigh like 52 pounds now.) He basically laid on our bed after that and I had to rock him to sleep because his eyes hurt so much he couldn't even open them.

Sunday we took a lot of breaks from the pool, because of the chlorine and because it was so hot. Today we went to target and got some super cool goggles! Now we can swim all summer without experiencing that pain again, thanks to the bug eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment